Talon was open for trading during the panel and the shares went as high as $1.10 before the final vote count was announced. But the stock's gains quickly evaporated with Talon closing Wednesday up 7 cents to 81 cents a share. As I write this column on Thursday, Talon is down 6 cents to 75 cents.
Talon trades on the bulletin boards so it's going to be a volatile stock, but tweets of biotech traders Wednesday suggested few were willing to guarantee Marqibo's ultimate approval with any degree of confidence. If Talon is your kind of stock, I'd say trade carefully.
--Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein.>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV