March 22, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) this month will begin the fifth segment of the 787 Dream Tour, a worldwide tour featuring the Dreamliner. This leg of the tour will include five cities across
"Boeing is delighted to bring the all-new 787 to customers, partners, government officials and media in
, vice president and general manager, 787 program.
The March and April schedule includes the following stops:
- March 26-31: Santiago, Chile to visit LAN Airlines and be on display at the FIDAE Air Show.
- April 1-2: Shannon, Ireland for a scheduled day of maintenance activities.
- April 2-3: Baku, Azerbaijan to visit Azerbaijan Airlines.
- April 3-6: Moscow, Russia to visit airline customers, suppliers and employees from the Boeing Design Center.
- April 6-11: Istanbul, Turkey to visit customers and suppliers.
- April 11-13: Madrid, Spain to visit Air Europa, suppliers and Boeing employees.
The Dream Tour airplane is outfitted with the 787's special cabin features including a welcoming entryway, dramatically larger dimmable windows, bigger bins and dynamic LED lighting. The airplane is configured with a luxurious business-class cabin, an overhead crew rest compartment and an economy class section.
Dates and locations for additional tour stops will be announced approximately one month in advance. At many of the stops, local media will have the opportunity to participate in tours of the airplane and discussions with Boeing executives and pilots.