As a reminder, this conference call is being recorded and webcast and is the copyrighted property of IHS. Any rebroadcast of this information, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of IHS is prohibited.
Please keep in mind that this conference call, especially the discussion of our outlook may contain statements about expected future events that are forward-looking and subject to risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause actual results to differ and vary materially from expectations can be found in IHS's filings with the SEC and on the IHS website.
With that, it is my pleasure to turn the call over to Jerre Stead, IHS Chairman and CEO. Jerre?
Jerre SteadThank you, Andy, and good morning, everyone. Welcome to all of our investors and to our IHS colleagues, especially our new colleagues from Displaybank, CAPS Expert and IMS Research. There's much to share with you today, so let's get to it. I'll start with the quarterly financial highlights. Revenue was up 17% in the first quarter. Adjusted EBITDA increased by 20%, second highest EBITDA quarter in history. And notably our adjusted EBITDA margin was 30.2%. As these metrics suggest, we are indeed tracking to our full year guidance, which we are also increasing today. This reflects our continued view of strong performance this year. We have issued a short supplemental deck to further illustrate key elements of our revenue and profit delivery on a historical quarterly and annual basis. Scott Key, our President and Chief Operating Officer, and Richard Walker, our Executive VP and CFO, will provide more details shortly. My many thanks to my colleagues for their hard work, diligence and performance as we are investing at the highest levels in our history. We're deploying new systems, implementing new processes and putting in place the right teams and structures as the foundation to a very bright future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV