Updated from 2:03 p.m. with closing price and 3,000% rise in Amazon sales.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Ohio Art (OART.PK) roared Thursday, a day after Mitt Romney's senior adviser made a gaffe with a reference to the toy maker's Etch A Sketch.
Shares of Ohio Art closed at $9.65, up $5.65, or 141.3% as news of adviser Eric Fehrnstrom's gaffe continued to spread across major news organizations Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV