AMSTERDAM, March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- "VimpelCom Ltd" ("VimpelCom", "Company" or "Group") (NYSE: VIP), a leading global provider of telecommunications services, announced today that Ossama Bessada, VimpelCom Group Executive Vice President and Head of the Europe and North America Business Unit, intends to leave VimpelCom at the end of June in line with his family plan to relocate to Canada. His replacement will be communicated in due course.
Jo Lunder, Chief Executive Officer of VimpelCom, said: "I would like to thank Ossama for all he has achieved in his time with VimpelCom and Wind. He has led the development of Wind in
Italy and under his leadership the company has been the only growing operator in one of the most competitive markets in
Europe. The performance of the business, combined with an excellent management team, makes me confident the succession will be very smooth."
About VimpelComVimpelCom is one of the world's largest integrated telecommunications services operators offering a wide range of wireless, fixed, and broadband services in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Algeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Central African Republic, Italy and Canada. VimpelCom's operations around the globe cover territory with a total population of approximately 864 million people. VimpelCom provides services under the "Beeline", "Kyivstar", "djuice", "Wind", "Infostrada" "Mobilink", "Leo", "banglalink", "Telecel", and "Djezzy" brands. As of December 31, 2011 VimpelCom had 205 million mobile subscribers on a combined basis. VimpelCom is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (VIP). For more information visit: http://www.vimpelcom.com .
SOURCE VimpelCom Ltd
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV