No Etch A Sketch Shake Coming for Obama in Pipeline Politics
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- If anyone was looking for an Etch A Sketch moment from President Obama when he spoke on energy policy with the pipes of the Cushing, Okla. oil hub as a backdrop on Thursday, that was a pipe dream.
Obama sketched in some more details about his energy policy, but the energy policy rhetoric has no reset button, merely gradations of already entrenched positions staked out by the special interests that Obama's speech seemed designed to placate.
Expect no Etch A Sketch moments to be forthcoming in this election year as Republicans continue to blame Obama for high gas prices and Obama pushes ahead with his all-of-the-above energy plan for the future, encompassing natural gas as a bridge fuel, a variety of clean energy technologies, nuclear, infrastructure improvements and the smart grid, to name just a few of the major items on Obama's energy policy check list.
|Obama gives a little on the Keystone XL pipeline, but there is no peace in pipeline politics.|
The actual "news" in the President's speech regarded an expedited bureaucratic process for approval of the southernmost extension of the Keystone XL pipeline, the Cushing-to-Gulf Coast route, cutting through the "red tape," the president said.Yet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV