NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- President Obama defended on Thursday his administration's handling of the Keystone XL pipeline.
Speaking in front of large blue-green pipelines to a crowd in Cushing, Okla., the president placed blame on Congress and said it tried to push him into a decision too quickly.
"Producing more oil and gas here at home has been, and will continue to be, a critical part of our all-of-the-above strategy," Obama said Thursday.The president has said that he will expedite the review process of the southern part of TransCanada's (TRP) Keystone XL pipeline, which would transport oil from Alberta, Canada, into the United States. Cushing would be one U.S. destination of the crude oil. Republicans have criticized the president's move to delay a decision on the pipeline. "Yes, in Cushing, Oklahoma, President Obama will strain all credibility by declaring his unwavering support for a private-sector project that he's single-handedly prevented from being completed. His support for part of it, anyway," a blog post said Thursday on House Speaker John Boehner's Web site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV