REDMOND, Wash. and HONG KONG, March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft Corp. and Movideo Pty Ltd. today announced a four-year strategic agreement in which Movideo will migrate its integrated online video platform to Windows Azure to drive business growth across Asia Pacific (APAC) and beyond.
Movideo is a media-centric and integrated online video platform, delivering positive business outcomes via an end-to-end video solution, encoding, storing, managing, syndicating and delivering audiovisual content to multiple end-user devices, and featuring powerful business intelligence tools for detailed analysis. Movideo is owned by the ASX-listed MCM Entertainment Group Ltd. (MEG)."The global alliance with Microsoft is first a technical alliance whereby Windows Azure becomes the infrastructure platform for our cloud software as a service product, Movideo," said Tony McGinn, Movideo CEO and MEG founder. "The strong road map for Windows Azure resources the scalable infrastructure that underpins the Movideo offering, allowing us to get on with our role of optimizing the management and delivery of our customers' great content. Second, the alliance is about sales and marketing support and coordination to drive growth for Movideo and Windows Azure. We can leverage tremendous advantages working beside such an experienced and far-reaching software partner." Movideo is planning to take full advantage of the booming global online video market, which is forecast by AccuStream Research's January 2012 Video Value Chain report to grow from $4.4 billion (U.S.) in 2011 to more than $10 billion (U.S.) by the end of 2014. AccuStream forecasts that video platforms and content delivery will account for approximately 50 percent of this value chain. Movideo is focused on becoming a dominant force in the digital media environment, specifically with media customers across APAC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV