HOUSTON, March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ATWOOD OCEANICS, INC., announced today that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded a contract by Salamander Energy (Bualuang) Limited, for the newbuild jackup Atwood Mako. The day rate for work offshore Thailand will be $145,000 and the award is for a firm duration of 12 months. The Atwood Mako is currently under construction with PPL Shipyard PTE LTD in Singapore and will have a rated water depth of 400 feet, accommodations for 150 personnel and significant offline handling features. Contract commencement is expected in direct continuation of shipyard delivery, currently anticipated to be September 2012.
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. is an international offshore drilling contractor engaged in the drilling and completion of exploratory and developmental oil and gas wells. The company currently owns ten mobile offshore drilling units located in the United States Gulf of Mexico, South America, the Mediterranean Sea, West Africa, southeast Asia and Australia, and is constructing an ultra-deepwater semisubmersible, two ultra-deepwater drillships and three high-specification jackups for deliveries in 2012, 2013 and 2014. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Atwood Oceanics, Inc. ordinary shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "ATW".
SOURCE ATWOOD OCEANICS, INC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV