MAUMEE, Ohio, March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) is displaying its award-winning technologies at the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) March 22-24 in Louisville, Ky. The Spicer® Diamond Series™ driveshaft and Spicer® Pro-40™ tandem axle, both recognized for reducing driveline weight while increasing vehicle efficiency, will be on display at booth 32175.
The innovative Spicer Pro-40™ family of tandem axles offers a dramatic weight reduction – almost 100 pounds – and improved power density, which enables customers to increase payloads, improve fuel economy, and ultimately improve their bottom line. It is designed to offer fleets a reliable, lightweight alternative to currently available axles for line-haul, bulk, regional, and city delivery vehicles.
The Spicer Diamond Series™ driveshaft is an industry-first, one-piece aluminum driveshaft utilizing Dana's patented magnetic-pulse welding process to significantly reduce weight while maintaining the strength of an all-steel system. The result is a very robust and significantly lighter – by up to 100 pounds – driveshaft for improved fuel efficiency and hauling capacity.
Another highlight at the show will be Dana's new Spicer® SelecTTrac™ housing option for its Pro-40 tandem axle. This innovative housing design optimizes the use of wide-base tires for customers wanting the flexibility to convert between wide-base single tires with low off-set wheels and standard dual wheels with a single housing."Dana engineers provide innovations based on customer need and marketplace evolution, creating products and processes that deliver value, innovation, quality, and performance," said Dana President and Chief Executive Officer Roger Wood. "The technologies on display at MATS are prime examples of how we are offering our customers the compelling combination of robust driveline solutions for reduced weight and fuel efficiency." The Spicer Pro-40, Spicer Diamond Series, and all other Spicer branded products are supported by Dana's service and support network featuring:
- Direct access to a world leader in driveline technology, including dedicated applications and engineering support;
- Industry-leading warranty coverage and support;
- Experienced and professional field-based representation and technical support;
- Localized inventory for truck-down situations;
- Cutting edge Web and technology tools including the latest technology to provide service and support to customers; and
- A commitment to two-way customer dialogue and a continuous pipeline of innovations aligned with industry trends and customer needs.
- Reduced weight for added freight-hauling capacity,
- Greater fuel economy,
- Serviceability improvements and reduced maintenance costs,
- Improved vehicle efficiency, and
- A reduced carbon footprint.