HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears Holdings (NASDAQ: SHLD) announced today that Steve Haber will join the company as senior vice president and president, Home Appliances. Mr. Haber comes to Sears Holdings from Sony Electronics, where he most recently served as executive vice president, leading the Product to Consumer Marketing and the Home and Digital Reading business divisions.
In his new role with Sears Holdings, Mr. Haber will lead the company's effort to continue driving profitable growth in its industry-leading appliance business.
"Home Appliances is a cornerstone of our business and our Kenmore brand is in the lives of 100 million Americans," said Ron Boire, Sears Holdings' executive vice president, chief merchandising officer and president, Sears and Kmart formats. "Steve is a proven executive with a deep understanding of what is important to customers – value, quality, innovation and selection. These are qualities we pride ourselves on at Sears Holdings."Mr. Haber added, "I am excited about the opportunity to join Sears Holdings, with iconic brands like Kenmore. Sears is an industry leader in appliances and I believe we can further that position with great products, and by delivering a great experience to our customers and Members." Prior to his most recent position, Mr. Haber was the executive vice president of Sony Electronics' Consumer Product Group, which included the Home Products, Digital Imaging & Audio Products, Information Technology, Media Applications and Solutions business divisions. In this role, he was responsible for the sales and strategic direction of Sony's multi-billion dollar U.S. Consumer Product business. Before that, Mr. Haber was president of Sony's Digital Reading Business Division, responsible for the global direction and development of Sony's Digital Reading business: hardware, software and content.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV