Hot Topic, Inc. (Nasdaq Global Select Market: HOTT) announced today that John Kyees has joined its board of directors and will serve as a member of its Audit Committee. The company now has nine directors on its board.
Mr. Kyees brings extensive financial and operational leadership experience to the Hot Topic board. Mr. Kyees has over 23 years of experience as a chief financial officer for specialty retailers including, most recently, seven years as the chief financial officer for Urban Outfitters, Inc. Mr. Kyees is currently a director and member of the audit committees of three other publicly-traded specialty retailers: Casual Male Retail Group, Inc., Teavana Holdings, Inc., and Vera Bradley, Inc. Mr. Kyees graduated from the University of Kansas with a B.S. in Business Administration and from the University of Detroit with an M.B.A.
Ms. Harper, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Hot Topic, said about the announcement, “We are thrilled to add someone of John Kyees’ caliber to our board. In addition to his financial expertise, he brings to the board a knowledge of retail strategies and the teen retail market. He will be an especially important addition to our Audit Committee.”
Hot Topic, Inc. is a mall and web based specialty retailer operating the
Hot Topic and Torrid concepts. Hot Topic offers music/pop
culture-licensed and music/pop culture-influenced apparel, accessories,
music and gift items for young men and women. Torrid offers apparel,
lingerie, shoes and accessories designed for various lifestyles for
young plus-size women. As of January 28, 2012, the company operated 628
Hot Topic stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada, 148 Torrid
stores, and Internet stores hottopic.com and torrid.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV