ROSH HA'AYIN, Israel, March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Alon Holdings Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: BSI) today announced its financial results for the year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011.
Year ended 2011
- The sales in 2011 amounted to NIS 12,482 million (U.S. $3,267 million) compared to NIS 8,504 million in 2010* (an increase of 47%) and the operating profit amounted to NIS 287 million (U.S. $75 million) (an increase of 19% compared to the corresponding period last year.
Fourth Quarter of 2011
- The sales in the fourth quarter amounted to NIS 3,039 million (U.S. $795.3 million) (an increase of 1.9%) and the operating profit amounted to NIS 17 million (U.S. $4.4 million) compared to NIS 49 million in the comparable quarter last year.
- In the fourth quarter of 2011 the Company recorded onetime tax expenses of NIS 34.5 million (U.S. $9.0 million) due to legislative changes in increased Corporate tax rates to 25%.
The rate The Data in NIS of rate of (millions) 1-12 2010 1-12 2011 change 10-12/2010 10-12/2011 change Net revenues 8,504 12,482 46.8% 2,983 3,039 1.9% Gross profit 2,311 2,916 26.2% 739 689 (6.8%) Rate of gross profit 27.1% 23.4% 24.8% 22.7% Operating income (before other gains and losses and changes in fair value of investment property) 241 287 19.1% 49 17 (65.3%) Rate of operating income 2.8% 2.3% 1.6% 0.6% Financial expenses, net 150 176 17.3% 42 41 (2.4%) Income before taxes on income 98.9 140.3 41.9% 7.2 (21.6) Taxes on income 36.3 46.8 28.9% 5.8 34.5 493% Rate of taxes on income 37% 33% 81% Net income (loss) for the period 63 94 49.2% 1 (56)Results for the year 2011  Gross revenues
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV