Economic Weakness Boosts Dollar, Yen
NEW YORK (BBH FX Strategy) -- The U.S. dollar is broadly firmer after weaker-than-expected data reports in China and the eurozone. The euro is erasing earlier gains and breaking below this week's previous lows around 1.313 after March's Purchasing Managers' Index composite disappointed expectations, even in Germany, with readings below the boom-bust level of 50.
Sterling is down after February retail sales also disappointed. The dollar is softer against the yen, with USD-JPY breaking below 83.0. Global stocks are mixed, with the MSCI Asia up 0.4%. Despite the softer data, policy action gave some investors hope that China will ease policy further.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV