AUD-USD Breaks Support, Targets 1.0300
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( fxtechstrategy.com) - With AUD-USD violating its key supports in the 1.0422 area in early trading Thursday, the risk is for it to weaken further.
The pair is testing the 1.0366 level, its daily 200 exponential moving average and a decisive break of there will turn focus to the psychological level of 1.0300. Further down, support stands at 1.0253, its .618 Fibonacci Retracement (0.9861-to-1.0853 rally). Its daily RSI is bearish and pointing lower supporting this view.
The alternative scenario will be for the pair to return to its Feb. 8 high at 1.0853. Above there will end its present bear threats and open further upside risk toward the 1.0900 level, representing its psychological level. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Further out, the next upside target is the 1.1000-level area and ultimately, the July 27 high at 1.1078. Until this occurs, our bias remains lower on further weakness. All in all, the pair remains biased to the downside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV