United Microelectronics Corp. Stock Upgraded (UMC)
- UMC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, UMC has a quick ratio of 1.55, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORP is currently very high, coming in at 80.40%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, UMC's net profit margin of 7.80% significantly trails the industry average.
- UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED MICROELECTRONICS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.13 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.14 versus $0.13).
- UMC, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 25.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 62.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts