Bulls Come Back for More BMC
By David Russell, reporter at OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- The bulls are coming back to BMC Software (BMC).
Traders were buying in the April 40 calls on Monday, as Pete Najarian reported on Monday, and Wednesday they turned their attention to the May 45s. A single large block of 10,000 contracts priced for 23 cents, followed by subsequent prints for 25 cents and 30 cents, according to OptionMonster's real-time tracking systems. Volume was more than 100 times open interest in the strike at the beginning of the session, indicating that this was fresh buying.
Calls lock in the price investors must pay for the stock, which gives them major leverage on a percentage basis in the event of a rally. But should the shares fail to move, those options will expire worthless.BMC rose 0.65% to $38.75 Wednesday. The corporate software maker has been trying to work its way higher since early January but remains trapped below its 200-day moving average. Management raised earnings guidance on Feb. 1, drawing buyers to the stock. Overall option volume in the name was 19 times greater than average in the session. Calls outnumbered puts by 44 to 1. Neither Russell nor Najarian has a position in BMC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV