NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Part of me would have preferred that Apple (AAPL) postpone its dividend announcement in order to preserve this window of positive uncertainty that has generated Apple's post-earnings move from $450 to $600.
The market despises negative uncertainty, thrives on positive uncertainty, and pays little attention to certainty.
Uncertainty is the common denominator that creates volatility. Certainty has an opposite effect. Microsoft (MSFT) stock is a great example of what happens when certainty arrives on the scene.
|Apple CEO Tim Cook|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV