The second key reason that we see to own our funds is that we provide our investors with a global portfolio and access to dividend paying stocks around the world. We ended 2011 with investments at approximately 13 different countries and this really gives our investors a chance to tap into some of the higher growth that we are saying globally and outside of not only the developed markets, but the emerging markets.
The third key reason is that our funds offer equity exposure and sector diversification. And what we mean by that is that we invest in all ten S&P sectors, we are not just in Utilities and Telecom which some equity income funds focus on those sectors alone. But we are surely an equity income fund which you know can be good or bad depending on the markets, but we just want your investors to know that we do provide access to the potential growth over the long term in equities in addition to providing that dividend income.
To the next question we always get is how do we do it? How do we manage the portfolio for high income and total return? And the answer is that we take the balanced approach in our attempt to optimize both dividend income and capital appreciation by running one portfolio with three dynamic sub-strategies and on page 5 we illustrate how we do this.
The slide shows our three different sub-strategies, those being dividend capture and special dividends, value restructuring and growth and income. Our first strategy is our dividend capture and special dividends. Our goal with this strategy is to maximize our dividend income by capturing annual, semiannual, quarterly and special dividends. Now how do we do that, we do that by tracking to the best of our ability every dividend that's paid over the globe, really to the best of our ability and then we look to put the stocks in the portfolio that best meet our investment criteria.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV