That does not include this month’s distribution payable March 30th, as well as the performance over standardized time periods on a market price and NAV basis. Slide three does the same for AGD. The Alpine Global Dynamic Dividend Fund with cumulative dividend funds of $8.40 since inception again through February not including the March 30th pay date. The portfolio managers will review portfolio strategy and then conclude with Q&A that we welcome you to ask via the web’s Q&A interface. Without any further adieu I would like to ask co-manager since inception Jill Evans to start today's discussion. Jill?
Great, thank you very much Marc. First I wanted to say thank you to everyone for being on the call today and that we really do appreciate your interest in our funds. Let me start out by saying the goal of this call is to give you an overview of our investment process so that you can better understand how we manage the portfolio for an objective of high dividend income and total returns.
We are also going to give you an update on the drivers of our performance and our outlook for the markets. So turning the page four, before we get into the investment processes, why don't we take a step back and highlight what we see is the three key reasons to invest in AOD and AGD. The number one reason is that our funds can provide investors with high dividend income in a low yield world. The current trailing 12 month dividend yield for AOD is 13.7% and for AGD is 11.6%. Now as you know these are very competitive relative to yields available on other equity income or fixed-income investments right now. And this is a reminder we do not use managed distribution or covered call writing to generate our income. It's 100% earned dividend income generated from our equity holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV