- Omaha, Neb.: Nearly 400 employees, friends and family volunteered for the Kids Against Hunger Million Meal March event to pack meals for families in Omaha. The meals will be distributed to Together Inc., the Salvation Army and Heartland Hope Mission. In addition, Omaha employees volunteered more than 650 hours at Food Bank for the Heartland throughout the week. Volunteers helped sort food, pack family pantry boxes and repack food for distribution to the community.
- Colton, Calif.: Employees from ConAgra Mills joined pop and folk singer Jewel at the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank to pack backpacks for children in need.
- Memphis, Tenn.: Thirteen employees volunteered at the local Mid-South Food Bank, which serves the Tri-State 31-county area. The team assembled more than 700 backpacks. Team members also worked in the receiving warehouse packing canned goods into boxes and building pallets.
- Naperville, Ill.: Nearly 400 employees participated in over 20 events at several area food pantries. Projects included sorting and distributing food for the community.
- Bentonville, Ark.: Employees from ConAgra Foods’ Bentonville office worked together with the Northwest Arkansas Food Bank to fill 4,700 bags (13,947 pounds) with donated ConAgra Foods products, including brands such as Chef Boyardee ®, Snack Pack ® and Slim Jim ®. The bags will be distributed to local school children through the Samaritan Community Center’s Snackpacks for Kids program.
- J.M. Swank: Thirty employees in North Liberty, Iowa, volunteered their time at the North Liberty Community Pantry to repack pasta to be distributed to the community.
- Humboldt, Tenn.: More than 75 percent of the plant participated in a food drive that collected 2,152 pounds of food. The food was donated to three area organizations: Helping Hand of Humboldt, Senior Citizens Center and the local backpack program.
- Saginaw, Texas: ConAgra Mills partnered with the local Walmart to collect food at the store one day during Week of Service. They collected 485 pounds of food and donated it to the Tarrant County Food Bank.
- Council Bluffs, Iowa: Employees hosted a food drive to collect food for Food Bank for the Heartland family pantry boxes. The team there collected 5,142 pounds of food for the community.
- Indianapolis, Ind.: A team of 12 employees from the plant helped pack 1,728 backpacks for the Gleaners Food Bank.
- Lakeville, Minn.: Five members of the Finance team volunteered at Second Harvest Minneapolis. The plant also kicked off a Food and FUNd drive for employees to donate bags of food to the food bank.
- Waterloo, Iowa: Thirty employee volunteers spent time at the Northeast Iowa Food Bank, Kids Cafe and Boys & Girls Club helping to build capacity within these three organizations.
- Menomonie, Wis.: A team of 22 employees from the plant spent three hours to help pack 4,104 meals for Stepping Stones. The meals will be distributed to people in need within Dunn County, Wis.
ConAgra Foods Employees Volunteer More Than 3,400 Hours To Help End Child Hunger
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.