Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU) today released the second of three season-to-date updates for its fiscal year 2012 consumer tax offerings. Through March 17, total TurboTax federal units were up 8 percent compared to the same period last year. Also through March 17, TurboTax Online units were up 14 percent, while desktop units decreased 3 percent compared to the same period last year.
"In consumer tax, we continue to be pleased with our online share gain, estimated at approximately 1 point of share," said Dan Maurer, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s consumer group. “Additionally, our free tax advice service is being well received by customers, and we continue to see a shift to online.”
Intuit today also reiterated full-year Consumer Tax revenue growth guidance of 10 to 13 percent and company revenue growth guidance of 9 to 11 percent.
|Season-to-date TurboTax Federal Unit Data|
|Comparable Prior- Year Period||Season Through March 17, 2012||Percent Change Year-Over-Year|
|Sub-total TurboTax Units||16,187,000||17,541,000||8%|
|TurboTax Free File Alliance||893,000||831,000||-7%|
|Total TurboTax Units||17,080,000||18,372,000||8%|
|Note: Unit data through March 17, 2012.|
Intuit will issue a third tax season update in April at the end of the tax season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV