Draw Something has become immensely popular, and is the most downloaded app on the Apple (AAPL) App Store, in both the paid and free categories. There are reportedly over 20 million downloads of Draw Something from the App Store. Over 35 million people have downloaded the app, and more than 1 billion drawings have been created in the last week, according to the press release. It is the number one word game in 84 countries according to the Apple App Store.
This is not the first acquisition Zynga has made to expand its games offering. The company also bought Newtoy, the company behind Words with Friends two years ago. Zynga went public in late 2011, as did fellow social networker Groupon (GRPN).
Shares of Zynga are higher in Wednesday trading, up 2.46% to $13.72.
Interested in more on Zynga? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV