NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of these consumer-related stocks hit 52-week highs on Wednesday: Macy's (M), Colgate-Palmolive (CL), Advance Auto Parts (AAP), Brinker International (EAT), Ross Stores (ROST) and Leapfrog Enterprises (LF).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The retailer has a new initiative to drum up more business from people between the ages of 13 and 30, according to Bloomberg."CEO Lundgren pointed to summer 2011 as the inflection point in the selling culture (move from selling to service), equating the transformation to turning a battleship around in the Hudson River," JPMorgan analysts wrote in a March 12 report. "With the My Macy's localization initiative (3rd inning) laying the foundation for growth and Omni-channel benefits (potential 200bps top-line and GPM driver over time) not fully in the numbers today (w/ SG&A spending baked in), we believe Macy's is just leaving port with 3-5 years of consistent double digit EPS growth given by top-line (3-5% SSS), margin expansion (2H12 GPM inflection) and a return of cash to shareholders (share repurchases/dividends)." Shares of Macy's hit a 52-week high of $40.31 on Wednesday. The stock's 52-week low of $22.50 was set on March 23. Macy's has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 10.56 times; the average for broad-line retailers is 20.57. For comparison, J.C. Penney (JCP) has a higher forward P/E of 12.54. Fifteen of the 19 analysts who cover Macy's rated it buy; four analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Macy's an A+ grade with a buy rating and a $51.40 price target. The stock has risen 25.87% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV