FREEHOLD, N.J., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc. (NYSE:UMH) announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 11 manufactured home communities located in Pennsylvania and New York. There are ten communities located in Pennsylvania and one is located in New York. The aggregate purchase price to be paid by UMH in this transaction is approximately $28.25 million. The transaction is expected to be completed during the third quarter of 2012. This acquisition is subject to due diligence and other customary closing conditions and therefore there can be no assurance that this acquisition will take place by the end of the third quarter 2012 or at all.
These 11 all-age communities total 966 sites situated on 200 acres. The average occupancy for these communities is approximately 92%.
UMH Properties, Inc., a publicly-owned real estate investment trust currently owns and operates forty-one manufactured home communities with approximately 9,000 total home sites located in Indiana, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Tennessee. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.
SOURCE UMH Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV