Trust Goldman Sachs on Oil Prices
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Trust is not a word normally associated with Goldman Sachs, particularly in the post-Greg Smith era.
But the firm may be a better read on the direction of the crude oil trade than President Obama and Saudi Arabia combined; not that Obama and the Saudis aren't throwing all their weight behind an effort to talk the market down from "panic" high oil prices.
Obama will appear with the backdrop of the Cushing, Okla. oil hub behind him on Thursday as he tries to take control of the pain-at-the-pump issue in an election year.
This oil photo-op comes after the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV