Alcoa (NYSE:AA) announced the winners of its 2011 Core Carrier Truckload and the inaugural Ocean Carrier programs recently in Knoxville. These programs recognize core carriers for their valuable service contributions to Alcoa's North American operations.
“These awards are a commitment to our leading carriers that we take very seriously," said Tim Reyes, President of Alcoa Materials Management. "We want to recognize their exceptional performance by using criteria that is objective, measureable and transparent. This partnership has delivered proven results for both Alcoa and our carriers and has strengthened our Alcoa Advantage in the marketplace.”
Ed Hamorsky, Director of Logistics and Transportation added, “We have worked diligently to build an inclusive transportation business model. We want to align with carriers that are invested in a long term business relationship with Alcoa. We encourage open dialogue for improvement. Alcoa Transportation is extremely pleased that the truckload carriers we are honoring represent only 4 percent of our total carrier base, but carried 70 percent of our 2011 business. In addition, our ocean carrier award program had a good first year. The data shows 25 percent of our carrier base carried 61 percent of our 2011 ocean container spend. Alcoa expects their market share to increase as the program matures.”
- Celadon Trucking Services, Inc. of Indianapolis, Indiana, emerged as the winner in the dry van category for its first carrier of the year award.
- TMC Transportation of Des Moines, Iowa, was honored for a fourth time for outstanding flatbed service in North America.
- Remorquage St-Michel, Inc. of St-Michel, Canada, won the Canadian carrier of the year award for a fifth straight year by delivering exemplary truckload service between the U.S. and Canada and within the Provinces.
- CMI Freight-Trans, of Chicago, Illinois, was recognized as Alcoa’s leading intermodal distribution company and continues to grow Alcoa’s business by providing innovative solutions in the intermodal market.
For the second consecutive year in the Tier 2 category, Loudon County Trucking of Loudon, Tennessee, won the flatbed competition and Oberg Freight Company, of Ft. Dodge, Iowa, was best in the dry van category. The 11 carriers participating in the Tier 2 group hauled more than 21 percent of Alcoa’s truckload freight in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV