Brides On TheKnot.com And WeddingChannel.com Reveal The Numbers! From Total Wedding Budgets To Venues, Flowers, Cakes And More, Check Out What Brides Told Us In Our 2011 Real Wedding Study. See How You Compare! (Graphic: Business Wire)
XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO; www.xogroupinc.com), a global media and technology leader and creator of the top two wedding websites, TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com, today released the results of its annual Real Weddings Survey, which surveyed nearly 18,000 US couples married in 2011. TheKnot.com & WeddingChannel.com 2011 Real Weddings Survey captures detailed information on wedding budget, style preferences, event characteristics and other key information related to the bridal demographic.
“For the first time since 2008, wedding budgets are on the rise,” said Carley Roney, cofounder of The Knot. “In 2011, one in five US couples spent more than $30,000, and 11% spent more than $40,000 on their weddings. Our research shows that couples and their families are less concerned with the economy and are increasingly comfortable investing more in the once-in-a-lifetime occasion of their wedding.”
2011 Wedding Statistics
- Average Wedding Budget: $27,021 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $65,824 average spend
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: West Virginia, $14,203 average spend
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,121
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 30
- Average Number of Guests: 141
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4-5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4-5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: September (15%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (30%), Purple (25%), Green (24%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
2011 Average Wedding Budget Breakdown
|Category||2011 National Average Spend||2010 National Average Spend|
|Overall Wedding (excluding honeymoon)||$27,021||$26,984|
|Wedding Venue (reception hall)||$12,116||$12,124|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV