NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
Small businesses can use the site to get more business because Yelp ranks fairly high in Google (GOOG) search, and even if a business does rank on the first page for local search term, one more listing surely couldn't hurt. It also is a good way to get feedback from customers, because those who had a bad experience with a company are more likely to leave a review than those who had a good experience, the article says.
Finally, it doesn't cost anything to list your business on Yelp. Be sure to fill out the entire business profile, including business hours, location and tons of photographs, though. This is essentially free advertising for your business, so play it up.2. Women-owned businesses are gaining ground. Women-owned firms continue to grow in number and economic stature in a broad range of industries, including traditionally male-led ones such as construction and transportation, according to the American Express (AXP) OPEN State of Women-Owned Businesses Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV