NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
Small businesses can use the site to get more business because Yelp ranks fairly high in Google (GOOG) search, and even if a business does rank on the first page for local search term, one more listing surely couldn't hurt. It also is a good way to get feedback from customers, because those who had a bad experience with a company are more likely to leave a review than those who had a good experience, the article says.
Finally, it doesn't cost anything to list your business on Yelp. Be sure to fill out the entire business profile, including business hours, location and tons of photographs, though. This is essentially free advertising for your business, so play it up.2. Women-owned businesses are gaining ground. Women-owned firms continue to grow in number and economic stature in a broad range of industries, including traditionally male-led ones such as construction and transportation, according to the American Express (AXP) OPEN State of Women-Owned Businesses Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV