The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 11 points at 13,181 as of Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012, 9:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 45.6 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,497 issues advancing vs. 1,005 declining with 205 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC), which is sporting an 11-cent gain (+1.1%) bringing the stock to $9.92. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 0.83 points or roughly accounting for 7.5% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for Bank of America Corporation currently sits at 30 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 271.9 million shares. Bank of America Corporation has a market cap of $73.89 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 76.4% year to date as of Tuesday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 0.4%. Bank of America Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial products and services to individual consumers, small-and middle-market businesses, institutional investors, corporations, and governments in the United States and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.8, below the average banking industry P/E ratio of 729 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Bank of America Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Bank of America Ratings Report.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about BAC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV