DGSE Companies, Inc. wholly-owned subsidiary Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry, the Southeast’s largest wholesale dealer of precious metals, rare coins and jewelry, announced today the inclusion of Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry in a “News Special Report” conducted by Huntsville, Alabama’s NBC affiliate, WAFF. The report, entitled “Equal Offers” features investigative reporters visiting local gold-buying retailers to determine differences in offers between stores, as well as differences in offers presented to women, in comparison to those made to men.
Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry’s offer was the highest of all five stores surveyed by WAFF, totaling $264.82 for one sampling of gold and $284.68 for another. The other four stores offered between $172.00 and $225.00 – 15% to 40% less than Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry.
“At Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry, we pride ourselves on paying the highest amounts for our customer’s gold, silver, diamonds and other jewelry,” commented Jim Vierling, president of Southern Bullion Trading. He continued, “Southern Bullion has its own refinery, where gold and other metals are melted and resold. Because our customers are selling direct to the refinery, we can offer them higher prices than almost anyone else.”
WAFF's investigative reporter found that Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry not only offered the highest price for gold in the Huntsville area, but offered identical amounts for both its male and female clientele. Unfortunately, several other stores WAFF investigated offered significantly less to their prospective female clients.Southern Bullion Coin & Jewelry's Huntsville manager, Dennis Tolar offered several tips to potential gold and silver sellers including:
- Identify each piece by the specific karat weight as gold content varies widely based on karat weight. Make sure the buyer does the same and weighs each group of gold individually by karat weight.
- Know the weight of your items prior to entering the store and compare your measurement to the store’s reading.
- Shop several buyers, so you are sure you are getting the best offer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV