“The increasing complexity of challenges that organizations such as JAIST are working to solve is the reason why we remain committed to developing and providing solutions that serve both industry and education,” said Ryutaro Ishimoto, president of SGI Japan. “With this new HPC solution now in service to the Institute, the results they achieve will strengthen our understanding of a wide range of critical problems and lay the groundwork for new discoveries now and well into the future.”
The SGI UV 1000 can scale to a maximum of 256 sockets (2,560 cores) and 16TB in single system image running Linux. All of the system memory can be shared, enabling optimal use of memory when running large-scale simulations and alleviating any programming restrictions. The JAIST system parallel computer with a cache-coherent shared memory architecture comprises of 96 processor memory blades, each configured with two Intel® Xeon® E7 series processors (16-cores) and 128GB of memory, using a NUMAlink® 5 (15GB/second) interconnect.
SGI, the trusted leader in technical computing, is focused on helping customers solve their most demanding business and technology challenges. Visit sgi.com for more information.Connect with SGI on Twitter (@sgi_corp), YouTube (youtube.com/sgicorp), and LinkedIn. © 2012 Silicon Graphics International Corp. All rights reserved. SGI, the SGI logo and UV are registered trademarks or trademarks of Silicon Graphics International Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV