Tennant Company (NYSE: TNC), a world leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that help create a cleaner, safer, healthier world, today announces its Eco-ITS™ bio-based urethane coatings to provide sustainable floor solutions made with 50% fewer petroleum-based chemicals, reduced odor and 21 g/L VOCs (clear), 23-46 g/L VOCs (color). Using a 95 percent plant-based BiOH® polyol, supplied under an exclusive agreement with Cargill, Tennant’s Eco-ITS™ protects floors and offers a sustainable coating application that improves productivity and minimizes shutdowns. Eco-ITS™ is available in gloss, satin and several color choices to create professional-looking appearances in manufacturing, industrial, warehousing and other facilities.
Tennant’s Eco-ITS™ offers:
- Durability – Offers similar protection and performance as Tennant’s Wear Guard™ technology, which has millions of square feet of coatings applied worldwide
- Sustainability – In clear formation, an environmentally friendly solution using up to 50% plant-based renewable technology
- Low VOCs – Can be used even in geographies that require low VOCs—21 g/L VOCs (clear), 23-46 g/L VOCs (color)
- LEED® Credit Availability – Potential LEED Green Building Certification Program credits for Indoor Environmental Quality and Materials and Resources
- Professional Appearance – Available in gloss, satin and several colors to complement your image and transform your floor
“We’re committed to creating products that not only help our customers create cleaner facilities, but also help meet their sustainability goals,” says Mickey Gubman, Director of Coating Technologies for Tennant Company. “Our coatings offer superior durability while utilizing renewable resources. We believe facility managers and sustainability managers will benefit from the use of a bio-based polyol in our Eco-ITS™ gloss and satin urethane coatings.”
About Tennant Company Minneapolis-based Tennant Company (NYSE: TNC) is a world leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that help create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Its products include equipment for maintaining surfaces in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; chemical-free and other sustainable cleaning technologies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading floors. Tennant's global field service network is the most extensive in the industry. Tennant has manufacturing operations in Minneapolis, Minn.; Holland, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; Uden, The Netherlands; the United Kingdom; São Paulo, Brazil; and Shanghai, China; and sells products directly in 15 countries and through distributors in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit www.tennantco.com.