CARSON, Calif., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The growing population of DIYers seeking answers to their auto repair problems is increasingly turning to social media: AutoMD.com today reported that nearly 80,000 consumer repair questions have been answered by individuals at Auto Answers, AutoMD.com's online and mobile repair community. Additionally, according to a recent survey(1) of the community, these answers are saving car owners time and money: 72% report that the Auto Answers community has helped them save time and money on auto repair, with 70% of survey respondents saying it saved them over $100 on repairing their vehicle.
"DIYers are doing more of their own auto repairs, and a tough economy is also leading more, who have never done so before, to attempt their own repairs(2)," said Brian Hafer, VP of Marketing at AutoMD.com. "We're finding that these DIYers are now turning to social media and on-the-go mobile apps to hunt down the answers to their questions -- as evidenced by the growth of our Auto Answers community, which is a uniquely empowering tool providing thousands and thousands of car owners with useful, actionable, time- and money-saving advice every week."
Auto Answers, including its on-the-go version, AutoDoc on AutoMD mobile, enables auto experts and individuals to provide answers to consumer repair questions, and makes it easy for car owners to search for community-generated solutions to vehicle problems. Car owners can drill down to question and answer categories specific to their issues and their vehicle make, and they can also search by repair question or repair issue. A popular new AutoMD mobile feature (87% surveyed found it useful) enables car owners to take a picture or a video from home, or on the road, of their vehicle problem on their iPhone, post it, along with their question to the community, and then receive an alert when an answer has posted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV