- Net sales grew 13 percent to $4.12 billion. The international Yoplait acquisition completed in July 2011 contributed 8 points of net sales growth.
- Segment operating profit rose 1 percent to $675 million, including significantly higher input costs year-over-year and increased advertising expense.
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) totaled 58 cents.
- Adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes certain items affecting comparability of results, totaled 55 cents, one penny below the year-ago level.
General Mills Reports Results For Fiscal 2012 Third Quarter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.