BOSTON, March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Smarter Travel Media today launched Tingo™, the first hotel booking site that automatically rebooks hotel rooms at a lower price if the rate drops — and then automatically refunds the difference to travelers' credit cards. In 2011 alone, Americans could have saved nearly $314 million* if they had had access to a site like Tingo.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55271-smarter-travel-media-launches-tingo-new-hotel-booking-site
The site provides its travelers with a simple proposition: Book a "Money Back" room and Tingo watches that room's rate to see if it changes. If the price drops, Tingo rebooks that same room at the lower rate and refunds the difference to the booking credit card. Travelers do nothing but book, wait and save."Travelers could have saved millions last year had there been a simple system in place that automatically rebooked their rooms," said Smarter Travel Media General Manager David Krauter. "And that's what Tingo does, by taking the gamble out of booking and refunding travelers' money when rates drop. It's a no-brainer. And just to put it in perspective, $314 million would book the $2,000 per night Penthouse at The London NYC, straight through for the next 350 years." Number of Hotels with Price Drops in Popular U.S. Markets February 2012:
- New York: 218 hotels. Prices dropped an average of $46
- Los Angeles: 105 hotels. Prices dropped an average of $35
- Las Vegas: 135 hotels. Prices dropped an average of $26
- Chicago: 87 hotels. Prices dropped an average of $37
- Orlando: 189 hotels. Prices dropped an average of $25
- 2 nights Wynn, Las Vegas
- Booked Jan 27 th 2012 at $1,243
- Check-in Feb 23 rd at $724
- Money Back: $519
- 1 night Casablanca, New York City
- Booked Jan 26 th 2012 at $499
- Check-in Feb 14 th at $365
- Money Back: $134
- 1 night Chesterfield, London
- Booked Jan 27 th 2012 at $90
- Check-in Feb 24 th at $63
- Money Back: $27
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV