BancorpSouth Inc. Stock Upgraded (BXS)
- The gross profit margin for BANCORPSOUTH INC is currently very high, coming in at 78.90%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.80% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $74.15 million or 6.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 6.46%, BANCORPSOUTH INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 91.31%.
- BANCORPSOUTH INC's earnings per share declined by 15.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BANCORPSOUTH INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.44 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.70 versus $0.44).
- BXS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BANCORPSOUTH INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.