DEARBORN, Mich., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford volunteers are on the job in the community helping children and families on a Ford Accelerated Action Day.
- Ford has invested $50,000 to purchase tools and materials needed to complete today's volunteer projects.
- Ford employees also held a diaper & baby formula drive to meet another urgent need for many families in the community.
Children and families are the foundation for the future, and hundreds of Ford employees and retirees are springing into action to help meet their urgent, unmet needs and boost their spirits on a Ford Accelerated Action Day.
The Ford Volunteers Corps has dispatched dozens of MODEL Teams into shelters, schools and family centers. More than 300 Ford volunteers are painting, building, renovating and cleaning.
"There is no better use of our dollars and our deeds than to invest in children," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "Our investment in the community will help bring comfort to families today, while laying the groundwork for better days ahead."Ford volunteers are focused on urgent projects identified by our nonprofit agency partners. Many of the organizations also are receiving mini-grants of up to $5,000 to buy the tools, paint, lumber and other materials needed to complete their volunteer projects. Ford grants totaling $50,000 have been awarded to participating agencies, including:
- Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries, Detroit - paint playroom, assemble shelves & equipment
- First Step Domestic Violence Program, Wayne – create art therapy room for children
- Habitat for Humanity, Detroit - build house walls for spring 2012 projects
- Habitat for Humanity Macomb, Clinton Twp – renovate interiors with paint & flooring
- Habitat for Humanity, Monroe – finish two houses with paint, cabinets & flooring
- HAVEN, Pontiac - create three child-friendly spaces at emergency shelter for families
- Junior Achievement, Detroit – assist 120 students with personal budget exercises
- Legal Aid & Defender Association, Detroit – certify eligibility in food stamp screening project
- Lighthouse PATH, Pontiac - paint teen/parent building hallways & community room
- Methodist Children's Home Society, Redford – paint and update residential cottages
- Penrickton Center for Blind Children, Taylor – adapt battery-run toys & build activity boards
- Salvation Army – Denby Center, Detroit – renovate private shelter and public rooms
- Starfish Family Services, Inkster – staff activity day promoting pre-K motor-skill development
- World Medical Relief, Detroit – assemble 1,000 hygiene kits for area homeless families
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV