Manny Villafaña, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Kips Bay Medical (NASDAQ: KIPS) announced the appointment of Scott Kellen, the Company’s current Chief Financial Officer, as the Company’s Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Kellen will retain his position as the Company’s Chief Financial Officer.
“Scott has been an instrumental part of our senior management team as we navigated through our initial public offering, our various regulatory challenges and addressing to the requirements of being a public company,” said Manny Villafaña. “This appointment recognizes all the contributions Scott has made and will continue to make to the Company and our stockholders, partners and customers.”
Mr. Kellen, age 46, joined the Company as Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of Finance, and Secretary in February 2010. Prior to joining Kips Bay, Mr. Kellen served as the Director of Finance and subsequently, Chief Financial Officer, of Transoma Medical, Inc.
About Kips Bay MedicalKips Bay Medical, Inc., founded in 2007 and headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a medical device company focused on manufacturing and commercializing its external saphenous vein support technology, or eSVS MESH, for use in coronary artery bypass grafting surgery. Our eSVS MESH is a nitinol mesh sleeve that, when placed over a saphenous vein graft during CABG surgery, is designed to improve the structural characteristics and long-term performance of the saphenous vein graft. Additional information about Kips Bay Medical, Inc. can be found at www.kipsbaymedical.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV