DENVER, March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bill Barrett Corporation (the "Company") (NYSE: BBG) announced today the final results of its previously announced offer to purchase its 5% Convertible Senior Notes due 2028 (the "notes") (CUSIP 06846NAA2). The holders' right to tender notes for purchase expired at 9:00 a.m., New York City time, on March 20, 2012 (the "offer").
The Company has been advised by Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, the paying agent, that $147,156,000 aggregate principal amount of the notes, representing 85.31% of the total notes currently outstanding, were validly surrendered to the paying agent and not withdrawn. The Company has accepted all such notes for payment. In accordance with the terms of the indenture governing the notes, the Company has forwarded to the paying agent the appropriate amount of cash required to pay the total cash purchase price of approximately $147.3 million for the surrendered notes, including accrued interest, and the paying agent will distribute the cash to the holders as soon as practicable in accordance with the indenture governing the notes. After the offer, $25,344,000 aggregate principal amount of the notes, representing 14.69% of the total notes, is outstanding.
ABOUT BILL BARRETT CORPORATIONBill Barrett Corporation (NYSE: BBG), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, explores for and develops natural gas and oil in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. Additional information about the Company may be found on its website www.billbarrettcorp.com. SOURCE Bill Barrett Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV