Of all of the items listed in The Knot's registry survey, only one segment grew more popular year over year: grilling and barbecue equipment. A full 43% of couples registered for outdoor items, more than those who registered for luggage (36%) or fine china (32%).
"Consider the entire calendar when you register," Forrest says. "Even if you're picking out gifts in the middle of winter, you should still register for barbecue sets and gardening tools -- it will be warm out soon enough."
Those forward-looking couples are making a big difference in where people register as well. The percentage of couples registered at Williams-Sonoma (WSM) grew to 10% from 9% within the past year, while Home Depot registries have risen from 2% of overall registries to 3%."And think about holidays, too -- if you're registering in June, don't forget to consider Christmas ornaments, menorahs, holiday-themed china, etc.," Forrest says. "Just be aware that some stores won't stock these seasonal items year-round, so you may need to revisit your registry several times throughout your engagement to add holiday-related gifts."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV