WARREN, Pa., March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To continue to stay ahead of rising demand for wireless voice, multimedia and Internet access, Verizon Wireless has expanded its local network near the western front of the Alleghenies by activating two new cell sites.
One new cell site in southern Warren County improves coverage in the area as follows:
- North to Dunn Run and Bumpy Road;
- South to Alex Magee Run and Millstone Island;
- East to Hearts Content Road; and
- West to Davey Hill Road.
Another new cell site in northwestern Forest County improves coverage in the following area:
- North to Red House Hill Road;
- South to Dawson Run & Albaugh Hill Road;
- East to State Route 666; and
- West to McCarthy Run Road.
The two new cell sites provide increased wireless voice and data service in the towns of Cobham and Althom, on State Game Land 26 and State Game Land 86, as well as on Cobham Hill, Forest and Pleasant Hills Roads, and in the towns of East Hickory, West Hickory, Little Hickory, Endeavor and Trunkeyville. These improvements empower more Verizon Wireless customers to rely on their wireless phones for social networking, internet browsing, downloading apps, exchanging email and text, picture and video messaging, as well as making calls."Pennsylvanians are increasingly relying on smartphones and applications to manage their busy lives and stay connected at home or on-the-go," said Mark Frazier, president–Ohio/ Pennsylvania/West Virginia Region, Verizon Wireless. "These new cell sites are part of the continual investment in our network so our customers can use their devices when, where and how they need them." These new cell sites are part of Verizon Wireless' ongoing effort to expand coverage, increase capacity and enhance the quality of its wireless voice and data network in Pennsylvania. Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $65 billion since it was formed—$6 billion on average every year—to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter Stay in the know about Verizon Wireless news in Pennsylvania by following @VZWLaura on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwlaura. For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades, follow @VZWNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews. About Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 108.7 million total wireless connections, including 92.2 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia. SOURCE Verizon Wireless
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV