- EMC has acquired San Francisco-based Pivotal Labs, a privately-held provider of agile software development services and tools.
- EMC will invest to expand Pivotal's reach on a global scale, bringing Pivotal's agile consulting services expertise to an even greater number of both emerging start-ups and the world's largest businesses looking to embrace Cloud, Big Data, Social and Mobile in developing next-generation applications.
- Pivotal's agile project management tool (Pivotal Tracker) is currently used by over 240,000 developers around the world. EMC plans to continue to invest in Pivotal Tracker to accelerate innovation in the platform and increase adoption.
- With the addition of Pivotal, EMC adds to its portfolio the gold-standard in agile software development for customers building 'Big Data' analytic applications.
- The all-cash transaction is not expected to have a material impact to EMC GAAP or non-GAAP EPS for the full 2012 fiscal year.
- An online event titled " Social Meets Big Data: Live Webcast " with executives from EMC and Pivotal Labs will be broadcast today, Tuesday, March 20 - 9:45 A.M. Pacific, 12:45 P.M. Eastern and 4:45 P.M. GMT. Event details can be found at http://bit.ly/qduws or at EMC.com.
EMC Acquires Pivotal Labs
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.