Acura Pharmaceuticals (ACUR) is a specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in research, development and manufacture of product candidates providing abuse deterrent features and benefits utilizing its Aversion and Impede Technologies. This stock is trading up 6.7% to $4.14 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.92-$4.2052-week Range: $2.28-$6.80 Volume: 311,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 73,277 From a technical perspective, ACUR is ripping higher today on strong volume. This spike up has now pushed ACUR within range of triggering a big breakout trade. That breakout will hit once ACUR takes out $4.22 to $4.24 with high-volume. Traders should look for a sustained high-volume move and close above those levels to signal that ACUR wants to trend much higher. If we get that action soon, then look for ACUR to hit re-test its next significant overhead resistance levels at $4.75 to $5.25 in the near future. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV