The S&P 500 fell 7.23 points, or 0.51%, to 1,402.52.
Shares of Tiffany rose 6.51% to $73.15. The company reported fourth-quarter earnings of $178.4 million, or $1.39 a share, down from earlier earnings of $181.2 million, or $1.41 a share. Analysts, on average, anticipated earnings of $1.42 a share.
Tiffany's 2012 outlook includes a projected 10% increase in global sales led by the Asia/Pacific region and the Americas and between a 16% and 19% increase in earnings per share to a range of between $3.95 and $4.05.Tiffany has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.38 times; the average for specialty retailers is 15.93. Thirteen of the 23 analysts who cover Tiffany rated it hold; 10 analysts gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Tiffany a B grade with a buy rating and a $79.64 price target. The stock has risen 10.32% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV