Updated from 9:44 a.m. EDT with stock price
Caterpillar, which makes heavy machinery, reported in its 8-K Tuesday that sales in the Asia/Pacific region rose 20% in February, Latin American sales increased 6% and North American sales gained 39%. In January, Asia/Pacific sales increased 25%, Latin American sales gained 13% and North American sales rose 47%.
Share of Caterpillar fell 2.73% to $110.62 in early trading Tuesday. The stock has risen 23.27% year to date.TheStreet Ratings gives Caterpillar an A grade with a buy rating and a $131.03 price target. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV