Top 10 Things Romney Should Not Do If Elected
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- As the presidential primaries continue, it seems increasingly likely that former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney will eventually win the Republican nomination. Current polls show President Obama enjoying a solid lead over Governor Romney in the general election, but a lot can happen between now and November. Should Mitt Romney win, here's a list of 10 things he shouldn't do as president.
1. Bomb Syria. The situation in Syria is volatile and will probably get worse before it gets better. Some politicians, perhaps most notably Senator John McCain, are calling for the U.S. to intervene militarily. Candidate Romney hasn't yet spoken out in favor of bombing Syria, but President Romney should resist any pressure to do so. The U.S. has finally gotten (mostly) out of Iraq, and is winding down its war in Afghanistan. Our troops are exhausted and deserve a well-earned break. If the U.S. intervenes in Syria we should do it with diplomats, not combat troops.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV