Obagi® Medical Products Presents Study Results At American Academy Of Dermatology
Obagi Medical Products, Inc. (Nasdaq:OMPI), a leader in topical aesthetic and therapeutic skin health systems, released the results of three new studies this weekend at the American Academy of Dermatology meeting in San Diego, CA. The studies explored the use of the Nu-Derm System with tretinoin, as prescribed by the investigators, in the treatment of melasma and hyperpigmentation in patients with Fitzpatrick skin types III – VI. Each study evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of the treatment on the skin as well as its effects on the patients’ emotional well-being.
“Nu-Derm with tretinoin has long been a go-to regimen, particularly in difficult-to-treat melasma, for many dermatologists,” Jim Hartman, Vice President Global Marketing and Business Development at Obagi, said. “Our objective in partnering with these respected experts in the field of dermatology for these studies was to provide clinical proof that Nu-Derm, in combination with varying percentages of tretinoin, based on recommendations from key opinion leaders, is a valid, effective option in many skin types, including darker skin patients, as well as in patients more sensitive to irritation. The results presented this weekend indicate that we successfully met that objective.”
The 75 patients in the three studies followed a morning regimen that included a foaming gel cleanser, toner, four percent hydroquinone product, exfoliation enhancer and a sunscreen with SPF 35. The evening regimen consisted of a foaming gel cleanser, toner and four percent hydroquinone product mixed with a tretinoin cream at various percentages. Patients reported high levels of patient satisfaction and improved quality of life metrics across the studies.
The studies postered and affiliated investigators are as follows:Study 4581 - Treatment of Moderate or Marked Melasma in Darker Skin with a Four Percent Hydroquinone Skin Care System Plus 0.025% Tretinoin Cream:
- Lead investigator for Study 4581 is Pearl Grimes, MD (Los Angeles, CA)
- Lead investigator for Study 5131 is Dr. Suzanne Bruce (Suzanne Bruce & Associates, PA; Houston, TX)
- Lead investigators for Study 5139 are Michael Gold, MD (Nashville, TN), Marta Rendon, MD (Boca Raton, FL), Barry DiBernardo, MD (Monclair, NJ), Suzanne Bruce (Suzanne Bruce & Associates, PA; Houston, TX) and Chere Lucas-Anthony, MD (Boca Raton, FL)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV