MINNETONKA, Minn., March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: OB) has announced the appointment of Maureen A. Phillips as Senior Vice President and General Counsel reporting to President and CEO Mike Miller. Phillips succeeds Brad Rich in this role, who will continue with the company through year end, at which time he will retire.
Said CEO Mike Miller, "We are all very excited to welcome Maureen to OneBeacon. The breadth of her legal and compliance expertise, and specifically within our industry, make her an excellent addition to our senior leadership team. We also thank Brad for his nearly five years of support, and appreciate the contributions he will continue to make over the balance of the year."
Phillips' legal career spans nearly 30 years primarily within the insurance industry. She was most recently Chief Legal Officer at Allianz Life Insurance, a role she held since 2008. Previously, Phillips held senior legal positions at Fairview Health Services and at St. Paul Travelers, where she spent 17 years in positions of increasing responsibility. She earned her juris doctorate from the University of Southern California.
About OneBeacon: OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "OB." OneBeacon's underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. The company's businesses include OneBeacon Professional Insurance, International Marine Underwriters, OneBeacon Accident Group, OneBeacon Entertainment, OneBeacon Energy Group, OneBeacon Government Risks, A.W.G. Dewar (tuition refund), collector cars and boats written through Hagerty Insurance Agency, OneBeacon Technology Insurance, OneBeacon Specialty Property, OneBeacon Property and Inland Marine, and OneBeacon Excess and Surplus Lines. OneBeacon's insurance businesses are national in scope.Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to OneBeacon's:
- change in book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred loss and loss adjustment expenses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, windstorms, earthquakes, floods, or terrorist attacks;
- recorded loss and loss adjustment expense reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- the continued availability and cost of reinsurance coverage;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- general economic, market or business conditions;
- business opportunities (or lack thereof) that may be presented to it and pursued;
- competitive forces, including the conduct of other property and casualty insurers and agents;
- changes in domestic or foreign laws or regulations, or their interpretation, applicable to OneBeacon, its competitors, its agents or its customers;
- an economic downturn or other economic conditions adversely affecting its financial position including stock market volatility;
- actions taken by ratings agencies from time to time, such as financial strength or credit ratings downgrades or placing ratings on negative watch;
- the risks that are described from time to time in OneBeacon's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to OneBeacon's Annual Report on the Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010 filed February 28, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV