CARLSBAD, Calif., March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today announced the April 13 retail availability of the new Odyssey® Metal-X™ line of insert putters, representing the latest in the brand's storied history of game-changing innovations surrounding the most important club in the bag. With a lightweight aluminum face in front of a urethane backer layer, Metal-X putters provide golfers the crisp feedback of a metal striking surface with the benefits of a softer feel for optimal touch. Aesthetically pleasing with a sleek midnight black finish, the putters also offer a textured face that delivers a truer, more consistent roll.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/callawaygolf/46344/
"The idea for the new Metal-X putters came from working with several Tour players who liked the look and performance of our putters, but wanted the feel of a more metallic face," said Austie Rollinson, Principal Designer for Odyssey Putters. "We took their feedback and decided to create an aluminum face with a urethane backing layer in order to maintain a lightweight face that helps us optimize the weight distribution in our designs."However, in an effort to improve feel and performance, Rollinson added another key feature. The lightweight aluminum outer layer on the Metal-X putters has a face pattern unlike any other putter in golf, with oval depressions that create a mechanical lock with the ball's dimples at impact. This mechanical lock creates more friction, which delivers a lower launch with optimized topspin for reduced skidding and the truest roll in the game through steady ball deceleration. The urethane inner layer provides soft touch and saves weight to optimize performance. Together, the two layers combine for crisp responsiveness and sound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV